Monday, October 24, 2011

Movies list acted by Vivek






RADHE KRISHNA 24-10-2011




Movies list acted by Vivek


Radhe Krishna 24-10-2011

Vivek (actor)
Vivekananthan (Tamil: விவேக்; born 19 November 1961) is a Indian film actor and comedian. He has won four Filmfare Best Comedian Awards for his performances in Run, Saamy, Perazhagan and Sivaji, respectively. In April 2009, Vivek received the Padma Shri award by the Government of India for his contribution to the arts.[1] He was introduced to filmdom by renowned director K. Balachander.
Contents [hide]
1 Career
2 Philanthropist
3 Filmography
4 Awards
4.1 Vijay Awards
4.2 Filmfare Awards
4.3 State Government Awards
4.4 Other Awards
4.5 Honours
5 References
6 External links

Career

He said in an interview how he came to acting. "Actually, it was an accident for me. While working at the Secretariat, I was a main entertainer in the ‘Madras Humour Club International’ where people used to come, sit, and share jokes. I was a pioneer who started acting a joke, i.e. pantomiming a situation. This fetched me the ‘Best Entertainer Award’ many times.
I did my M.Com and was working as a telephone operator in Madurai. I used to come to Chennai, entertain the members of the humor club, and return. P.R. Govindarajan, known as Kalakendra Govindarajan, was a member of the humour club. He introduced me to his friend K. Balachander, film director, who asked me: “What do you want Mr. Vivek.” I replied: “I don’t want anything, Sir.” Both of them exchanged looks. Govindarajan said to Balachander that I was a raw talent from Madurai and did not know how to talk. I stood looking at both of them and did not know what to say. Balachander said: “Neither Chennai nor Madurai, I cannot help you. Try to get a transfer”.
I applied for a transfer and moved to Chennai. While working, I appeared for the TNPSC examination, and got selected in the Group IV category. I joined as a Junior Assistant in Madras Secretariat. All fell into place. I started writing scripts for Balachander for over four years. One day, he explained a situation and asked me to write a script for 16 characters. I finished this task over night. It was actually a test, which I did not know. Later , he told me that I would be acting as one of the brothers’ of Actor Suhasini in the movie ‘Manadhil Urudhi Vendum’ in 1987. I wanted to be a writer, and then become an assistant director, but I turned out to be an actor".[2] Vivek debuted in with Manathil Uruthi Vendum in 1987. Later he played roles in Kushi, Minnale, Run and Saamy.He is known for his ever-young looking appearance . He is a multi talented person and is known for his punches and rhythmic dialogues related to the society and its problems, Politics of the nation and problems like health, education, social affairs, unemployment, black money, love, population growth etc. He is a keen keyboard player.He dominated the cine field for comedies during the period 1999–2008. He is also very well known for his talent of mimicry like actors such as MGR,Sivaji,Rajni,Kamal,Vijay,Vijaykant,Solomon Boppaiayah and many others.[3] He is consdered the cinematic heir of Nagesh in the cine field's comedy section In 2009, he received and Asianet Film Award for Special Honour Jury Award.[citation needed]. He celebrated 25 years of his acting in tamil cinema.[4] He never acted with Kamal Haasan.

Philanthropist

He stated in an interview,'Every person has a social responsibility. Keeping that in mind, I have started an education trust in my mother's name. I not only provide assistance for education to poor children, but also provide medical and financial assistance to the poor and needy. I am a great fan of veteran artistes N S Krishnan and M R Radha. They had great social awareness and were never afraid to raise their voices against vices in society. Comedy was never a scarcity in Kollywood. Comedians of great calibre had emerged from this land".[5] The secret of Vivek's success is laugh, think and act. Messages, if conveyed through comedy, will work wonders. At the same time, enough care has to be taken to perform the act without hurting the sentiments of anyone," says the ‘Chinna Kalaivanar’.[6] N. S. Krishnan was the first comedian to bring social issues into humour. Both NSK and M. R. Radha have been my inspiration. Like them, I have also spoken about the future. I discuss with my team about current issues and work on the scripts. I am careful to tell even serious issues in such a way that it does not hurt the sentiments of anyone. It is a tough job. They always say that comedy is not a joke. Mahatma Gandhi has said: “If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.” Humour brings laughter and when you laugh, certain hormones are produced. This is equal to the state of a yogi who receives deep enlightenment after meditation. Humour is of paramount importance in everyone’s life. Laughter is an expression of joy and happiness. Everybody wants to be happy. In Psychology it is said that the goal in one’s life is to get more happiness. Laughter has become a therapy now.[7]

Filmography

Main article: Vivek filmography

Awards

Vijay Awards
All Time Favorite Comedian Award

Filmfare Awards
Filmfare Award for Best Comedian – Tamil - Run (2002)
Filmfare Award for Best Comedian – Tamil - Saamy (2003)
Filmfare Award for Best Comedian – Tamil - Perazhagan (2004)
Filmfare Award for Best Comedian – Tamil - Sivaji (2007)

State Government Awards
Best Comedian Award - Unnaruge Naanirunthaal
Best Comedian Award - Run(2002)
Best Comedian Award - Parthiban Kanavu (2003)
Best Comedian Award - Sivaji (2007)

Other Awards
Best Comedien Award - International Tamil Film Awards
Best Comedian Award - Variety Cinema Awards
Special Jury Award - Asianet Film Awards
Best Male Comedian Award - Edison Awards
Special Comedian award - Kodaikanal FM Awards
Best Comedian award - ITFA

Honours
Padma Shri Award - Government of India Award Function

References

^ A crown on my head: Vivek – Tamil Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 2011-05-26.
^ Meet Vivek, the comedian with a social touch | cityinterviews – Chennai 360. ChennaiOnline. Retrieved on 2011-05-26.
^ Tamil Movies : Interview – Vivek. Behindwoods.com. Retrieved on 2011-05-26.
^ Vivek’s 25 years in Tamil Cinema! – Tamil Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 2011-05-26.
^ Vivek – king of comedy. Archives.chennaionline.com. Retrieved on 2011-05-26.
^ 3 Ss of Vivek – Tamil Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 2011-05-26.
^ tamil movie Comedy actor Vivek tamil comedian vivek vivek saaya singh music director vidya sagar bharatwaj Theja shree tamil cinema Solliadipenadi thakathimitha Rojakkoottam Dhool Thenkasippattanam Tirumala Choclet Run gallery interviews kollywood news. Behindwoods.com. Retrieved on 2011-05-26.


No comments: