RADHE KRISHNA 28-09-2011
World's Largest Truck
Radhe Krishna 28-09-2011
1. The biggest truck in the world is neither a Volvo nor a Ford, not even a Mack truck with a double trailer. The real monsters are mining trucks that stand more than 21 feet tall and 48 ft long.
2. This gargantuan of a truck is hard to describe, but put it this way, the driver needs to climb from his cab into an open window on the second floor of an average building. Imagine standing on the terrace of your duplex house and driving the entire building?
3. There are many manufacturers building these monsters and the trucks are relatively close in size, so it’s not easy to determine which one is truly the largest.
4. The images shown here are those of a Caterpillar 797F Mining Truck, which weighs more than one million pounds (453,592 kilograms) and can carry and dump more than 300 tons of material in the back.
5. These mining trucks produce about 4,000 horsepower to move all that mass and travel at a maximum speed of 67 kmph.
Like · · Share · Edit · about an hour ago.